Weavers are a family of birds that build various sizes of nests with entry holes facing downward. The Sociable Weaver’s nest may weight up to 1 ton. 1 ton. Imagine it! To really appreciate all the variations of weaver’s nests, visit Amazing photos
When I see a weaver’s nest, I think of my life. Each event, each person I meet, each day I live weaves a story that tells of God’s glory.
Just like you, there are things I’d rather have avoided, times I would have preferred to not have gone through. But if I hadn’t, would I know God as completely? Would I cling as tight to Him as I do?
There’s not much about cancer that is “enjoyable.” But there are lessons to be learned.
- Cancer gave me a more compassionate heart
- Cancer gave me a tighter trust on God
- Cancer gave me downtime (After months of chemo, I would move from bed to the couch, couch to the bed)
- Cancer gave me awareness of how blessed I am
- Cancer gave me a joy for life I didn’t completely possess before
- Cancer gave me the opportunity to be a witness for God’s glory
Now, I can’t imagine who I would be if God hadn’t woven cancer into my life.
What’s woven into your life story that wasn’t pleasant? What did you learn?
Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails. Proverbs 19:21 (NIV)